For those of you not from Spokane, let me just say these past couple days have been crazy!
It started snowing Wednesday morn (if I remember correctly), and didn't let up til Thurs evening. It was also dumping this (Fri) morning, but stopped after a couple hours. It's the most snow we've had in history in a 24 hour period!
Thurs morning, Mo was determined to go to work (& we didn't watch the news telling us to stay home unless it's an emergency!), so thank God it only takes us about 2 minutes to drive there, because he ended up walking --in knee-deep snow, might I add! There were only a few others there that live just across the street and one that drove in her big truck, so she was able to give him a ride home after a few hours.
Thurs morning, Mo was determined to go to work (& we didn't watch the news telling us to stay home unless it's an emergency!), so thank God it only takes us about 2 minutes to drive there, because he ended up walking --in knee-deep snow, might I add! There were only a few others there that live just across the street and one that drove in her big truck, so she was able to give him a ride home after a few hours.
Around 5, when the snow stopped falling, we all bundled up to go out and PLAY!

Some cars in the parking lot:
And this is Mo's normal ride to work (yeah, that thing's not going anywhere!):
I think this was Ava's absolute farvorite part of our time outside, Mo taking her to the top of this hill. Although, Ava referred to it as "Tall Mountain", because she has a Dora book and a movie that talk about Tall Mountain. Poor Mo ran up that steep hill with her I don't know how many times! Everytime they'd get to the top, Ava would yell "Hey 'erybody, LOOK! Taaaall Mountain!"
Then, of course, the ride down is a thrill!!
One of the things I LOVE about Spokane as opposed to Seattle is that when it snows here, the skies clear up and are blue again, while the snow still stays fresh and powdery.
Hope you all are enjoying your weather!
5 comments:
beautiful photos, barbi! it looks like you have been making the most of it and i'm so glad ava likes the snow!!
You have a very dedicated husband! What great pictures of the snow and the fun you've had. :)
I totally love the picture of Ava in the snow super deep up to her armpits and Mo behind her. What FUN!!
Great blog!
The picture of Ava zipping her coat up is priceless! The expression on her face cracks me up every time. :)
I especially loved that picture too!! Definitely thought it was "blog-worthy" :)
Post a Comment