Fun facts: Alaska has the largest and highest number of moose (175,000),
(I have heard, but not verified) moose have 2 digestive systems, "summer"- for eating leaves & plants, and "winter"- twigs & branches.
And they TASTE fabulous!!!


We see them often in our parking lot, rummaging through the dumpster. and I don't think it will ever get old seeing them... They're these huge, powerful animals, that could easily just pounce on you!





3 comments:
Holy COW! Or should I say MOOSE?!!
I think they are my favorite game animal. I've heard they have GREAT meat. Mo thinking of taking up hunting? :)
Happy moosing!
hehe... There are a few guys that want to take him hunting, who knows if it'll ever happen...? We have been incredibly blessed with moose meat from friends at the church, and it was probably one of the best roasts (in the crockpot, of course ;) I've ever had!
Bison's pretty tasty, as well! Come to think of it, I don't even know if I've eaten just regular cow meat since we moved up here!!
haha "pounce on you" - I would never like to see that happen! But it is funny to think of a moose pouncing :)
Post a Comment