Monday, February 9, 2009

I think all of Spokane must've read my post on WinCo... ;)

So... just to let everyone know, I did get out this morning to grocery shop at WinCo (their grand opening was 9am today). I arrived there at about 10 after 9... the parking lot looked like it was black Friday, and with that always accompanies a line, but I was going to be tough, so I got Ava & a 4yr old girl I watch on Mondays out of the car... As we were walking towards the store, I overheard someone say there was a 2hr wait, because there's 1000 people in the store already, but it didn't look too incredibly bad to me, so I figured he didn't know what he was talking about and made my way to the end of the line... or so I thought...
The line stretched clear to the back of the building!!
I am a die-hard WinCo lover, but me with no coat, a 2 & a 4yr old, and almost ready to deliver this kid.... I don't think so.
So we walked back to the car, and went to the mall instead. The girls had a great time playing, and I got to do at least some sort of shopping (which this is the better kind anyway!).
I'm thinking I'll go there late tonight, when hopefully it won't be crowded, and at least I won't have Ava with me.
Did any of you get to experience what I did this morning?

4 comments:

Lori said...

How did it go last night? Hope you had a successful trip! :)

The OD's!!!! said...

Well I didn't go...thought about it alot! But figured it was gonna' be just like you said it was. Yeah how did your evening WINCO experience turn out? Hopefully more fruitful than your morning trip! And dumb me I threw away my coupons I got in the mail! But I think I'll just dig it out of the trash when I'm done here...I want in on those smokin deals, even if I have to fight with day old cheese to get 'em! I just really want some granola.

Lloyd Family said...

well, along with a huge cranium comes a little common sense. i did not venture out, am still thinking about it for today. the deals sound awesome, but i won't go unless it is sans children! hope you had better luck in the evening. maybe one night we could set our alarms to 3:00 AM or something and go together!

The OD's!!!! said...

p.s. just wanted to let you know...I saved the adds from the garbage. It was tough digging through the wilted lettuce and the 'I can't tell what that is'. But its clean and I think I'll take a look at it, just as soon as I get some rubber gloves so I can touch it for a longer period of time :S *grossey*